Useful Tips and Recommendations on Writing Your Dream Essay
Let us start with some style recommendations. Do not overuse the sophisticated statements and expressions, and avoid slang and abbreviations. In general, try to write short simple sentences, sometimes making them longer out of the necessity of deeper explanation. The purpose is to express the essence of clarity and precision that the reader can easily follow the progress of thought and not be distracted by extraneous considerations.
Recommendations regarding the formulation
Needless to say, you should attach to efforts of avoiding grammar and spelling errors. In addition, we must remember that an essay is your perception, but intended to influence the reader, so punctuation, division into sentences and paragraphs, the overall structure – all this should help the reader to comprehend the nature of the text.
Avoid elements of conversation:
- Do not use contractions (do not, they’re, it’s), always use the complete form;
- Do not use slang and colloquialisms (kid, lots of, cool);
- write on the merits and do not stray from the subject;
- try to avoid phrasal verbs (get off, get away with, put in) use single-word synonyms;
- Avoid too common words (all, any, every), are expressed correctly and accurately;
- do not put to wrong use the brackets, exclamation marks.
Stick to the academic style:
- If possible, try to avoid the personal pronouns of the first person;
- Avoid too categorical judgments and generalizations;
- Reinforce the quotes and data indicating the source;
- It is critical to respect the gender equality, if we are talking about an abstract human being, use the “person” instead of the “man”. If possible, better to put the subject in the plural, and use the pronoun “they” instead of “he or she”;
- If possible, use the active voice, in order not to complicate the proposal. For example, instead of “Manufacturing has grown rapidly and most parent companies began to show the concern” write: “The rapid growth of manufacturing began to cause concern among parent “
Strive to make the text more relevant and objective:
- Use impersonal constructions: “There is no doubt …” “It is believed that…”;
- Use the passive voice, if you do not want to specify the performer of action: “The tests were carried out …”;
- Use diverse verbs, for example: to propose, to suggest, to express, to claim, to suppose, to assume, to submit, to believe;
- Show your attitude to the issue, but avoid personal judgments, you can use an adverb: obviously, apparently, clearly, evidently, seemingly;
- Use modal verbs would, should, have to, could, may, might, to soften the categorical;
- Avoid generalizations, use qualifying adverbs: some, several, few, many,much.paragraphs
- Each paragraph usually affects one of the main aspects of the plan. Two paragraphs may relate to different aspects, but to be related – for example, cause and effect, positive and negative aspects, the state of affairs before or after.
Each section usually affects one of the most important aspects of the plan. Two paragraphs may relate to different aspects, but have to be well-connected – for example, cause and effect, positive and negative aspects, the state of affairs before or after. Sometimes the first sentence of the paragraph is an introduction; that explains what will be discussed further.
to writing a brilliant essay from our
expert academic writers.