WRITING THE BEST ABORTION RESEARCH PAPERS
Your class has been asked to write abortion research papers and you have no idea where to start especially because abortion has always been such a controversial topic and you as much as you want to score a good grade, you don’t want to go against what you stand for. You don’t have to. You can write a perfectly good research paper on abortion without compromising on what you believe in. below are a few tips to guide you in how to go about it.
- Choose a topic/ research question
- Do your research
- Put your information together in a logical manner
- Write your paper
We are going to take you through each of these steps, one by one, to ensure you come up with the best research paper possible.
Table of Contents
Choosing a Topic/ Research Question
It is important to choose a topic or pose a research question to narrow down your paper. Consequently, your paper will seek to answer the question that you have posed. Failure to do so will lead to a very vague research paper with minimal information. There are so many angles that you can use to approach the issue of abortions. The most important thing though is to first ask yourself: Who is your audience? This will guide you in choosing a topic that you can adequately support and argue for. In addition, this will help you know what sources would best support your argument and how technical your language should be. A lay man may not understand medical lingo and a Muslim might not necessarily be persuaded by citations from the Bible. Here are some examples of possible topics that you can write on;
- Is abortion ethical?
- Should abortion be legalized?
- What are the psychological effects of abortion?
- What can be done to discourage abortions?
- What are the different methods and types of abortions?
- Is abortion murder?
- Why do women choose to have abortions?
These are just a few examples of the many topics you can write research papers on abortions on. The next step is doing your research. It is very important to ensure you get credible for your citations and references. The law is always changing on sensitive matters such as these so ensure your sources are up to date. If you cite Roe v. Wade or any of the other High Court abortion cases, make sure you characterize these correctly by checking Supreme Court Decisions.
Put your information together in a logical manner
A research paper needs to be substantial. That means it needs to made complete sense and argue your case in a compelling manner. Before you start writing, gather all your sources together so that you can identify any gaps in your research. You can write down a skeleton of what your research paper is going to look like so that you are able to arrange your thoughts and figure out which facts you are going to use to answer your research question.
Write Your Paper
Now that all the groundwork has been laid, putting together your research paper should be easy. You already have a great argument supported by compelling evidence. You have all your sources lined up. Just remember;
- Stick to the facts- don’t make statements that you cannot support with a source. Even if you want to state how you personally feel about abortions, back it up with actual evidence from a source that you can cite. Also, when citing your sources, indicate the author, the name of the article, the publication, the date, and any further publication data. The goal of the paper is to make a compelling argument, not to impose your personal opinions on others so avoid overstating issues or getting carried away.
- Follow instructions-different countries use different writing styles. This is especially important when it comes to writing your references. The most common are MLA, APA and oxford.
Need help writing your research paper? We got you. Just visit our website to place your order. Our system is user-friendly and your satisfaction is our number one priority.