- What parents’ kip telling their children as they grow up. This is usually based on morals and beliefs passed down from generations of old. These help shape up the identities of generations and help them differentiate right from wrong.
- Interactions with other people: Whether it is in school, religious functions, social functions or any other avenues, spending time with others directly imparts how you behave and function in life.
- Geography: The part of the world you come from largely influences your norms and beliefs. For instance, the western culture is often different from the Asian culture because of geography.
- Personal attitudes and beliefs. People of the same geographical area do not necessary subscribe to equal cultural practices because sometimes personal views come into play. Some strongly believe in certain norms and patterns of life as opposed to others.
- The media and the internet. What you hear and see often determines who you become. This is especially true in the current world where mediums of communication as well as those of acquiring information are all around us.
Tips on writing an essay about culture
Cultural essays are interesting to write because they are quite informative in nature. However, a little skill and expertise goes a long way in doing this. You should be able to point out in detail the importance of culture in the society and why different people have different cultural beliefs. Culture refers to such things as language, mode of dressing, religious inclinations, special customs, marital norms, food habits, personalities, work habits, education systems, social relationships, technology and innovations, time values, festivals, knowledge, government laws, music, art, movies and so on.
It is also worth mentioning that despite the influence of other cultures, some people have held their original beliefs without wavering. Take India for instance; their beliefs, norms and systems remain strong even after exposure to other ‘civilized’ cultural practices from the west and Europe. A good essay also captures the two broad categories of culture i.e. norms and values. A little explanation of each of them is explained below;
Norms refers to the public behavior of people of certain location with relation to public appearance. An example of this is dress code. It differs from place to place. In the western countries, people are free to dress however they please while in the Eastern countries, some outfits are considered quite disrespectful in public. Another example is how the elderly persons are treated in different parts of the world. Some countries peg the responsibility of taking care of older parents on their children while others do not bother about it at all. These are a few examples of norms that shape up culture aa a whole.
These are special beliefs accepted by the society one belongs to. These range from freedom of speech, freedom of thoughts, independent judiciary, free communication, democracy, freedom of press among others. Such values differ from one geographical place to the other. Spiritualism also falls in this category where some people are more spiritual than others.
You can trust us to deliver nothing but the best culture essays for you. Our team of writers is well-vetted for this and once you place the order, we will not hesitate to locate just the best writer for the job. The good news is that we have a money-back guarantee meaning you will be taken no risk at all working with us. Make use of our 24-hour customer care contact and let us help take some of your writing loads off your shoulders.