Focus of school uniform research paper on functionality
Focus on the school uniform policy which previously was a source of mockery and harassment and this has led to improvements on the school uniforms in terms of designs and even choice of color. School uniform plays various roles as outlined:
- Source of identification: here, as an essay writer, you should show how uniforms provide a sense of identity for institutions as well as the students. The identifying factor can come from either the color scheme or designs of the uniform or the badges and school names that are printed on the uniforms.
- Promotes equality: what equality brings is a sense of togetherness and unity. Uniform are a standardizing element. This is where you explain to your audience how it would be emotionally stressful for some students if there were no uniforms in school. Lack of which would mean attending school in home clothes. The problem of which would be some would obviously be better dressed than others. This in turn would affect the self-esteem of the less fortunate and affect their concentration and performance. On the other hand, those well off would probably take this as an opportunity to seclude some students based on class which would lead to bullying among other cases of indiscipline.
- Improves behavior of students: it is important to show the relationship of school uniforms and mannerisms, this is mostly because if students misbehave while having uniforms on, they are easily identified with the school and this has led the administration to put a lot of controls in terms of behavior. This continuously improves the behavior of the students and respectively improves the reputation of the school.
The debate about School uniform research papers
In the research, paper it is important to state the fact that school uniform has been debated a lot because it leads to an additional cost, which in some institution recurs after several years where all students have to get new uniforms to replace the old ones. Choice of school uniforms is also a topic of study because most institutions do not engage students or even the parents in the selection of colors or designs of the school uniforms, however we have seen improvements in that policy where students are asked to suggest colors with the meanings they hold and in some instances, there is an option of picking two colors to cater for diverse choices and some schools allow one to come up with their design of choice.
School uniform research papers should also address the differences of schools, which embrace school uniforms, and those that do not embrace school uniforms; one can look at things like
- Performance-look at subsequent results of schools, which embrace school uniforms and contrast with schools that do not embrace school uniform.
- Reputation-the reputation/what people think about a school that embraces school uniforms and those that do not embrace uniforms.
- Discipline-look at cases of indiscipline in both instances and contrast on the frequency and nature of the disciplinary cases reported.
- Cost-in writing school uniform research paper it is also important to look at the difference in the cost incurred to purchase uniforms in contrast with the cost of buying different outfits for students who wear home clothes and have to fit in by the mode of dressing which is influenced by various things like current trends.
While writing school uniform research papers, it would help a lot if as a writer you would get feedback from both the students as well as the teachers to help you understand what impact there has been because of schools agreeing on a similar garment design for a school. This will help you come out balanced and not biased in your research paper. You could also look at how long the practice has been in effect and what the future looks like for the same.
In conclusion, remember that apart from the school and the students, there are other players involved in this including the manufacturers of the uniforms and their input should as well be sought to complement school uniform research papers. We provide articles on school uniforms to augment your businesses or academic work. Contact us for details.