Important things to remember as you write your essays on population
Population involves both fauna and flora. I am confident that you have encountered reports stating how the populations of certain species like elephants, white rhinos, and tigers are diminishing; or how deforestation is affecting the population of trees which has increased the consequences of global warming in the world. The following guidelines will assist you in writing an essay on human population.
Essays on population need to be elaborate to enable the audience to understand your essay. Such essays are also of great importance to the writer since writing increases their knowledge on the problem and issues facing population. You should, therefore, read widely and comprehend the information before writing your essay.
Various internet sources, books, encyclopedias, and government publications explain the meaning of population. One example is that ‘Population refers to the whole number of individuals or inhabitants in a region or a country. It also comprises of the people occupying an area.’ The topic has been given great significance since an exhaustive study provides policy makers with the relevant information to make crucial decisions affecting a particular populace living in a particular region. You can further develop this argument in the body where you can explain the significance of population and its study.
Your definition can include:
- The populace of people in a specific area
- The percentage of people, fish, animals, and birds in a particular area
- The immigrant populace in America
- The population of endangered species
- The population of individuals susceptible to crime, and social disorder
All these definitions will show your audience that you understand what population is. You can write this in the introduction alongside the things that your essay will tackle
The body can include the significance of populations. Ask yourself these questions how will the number of people in a specific area benefit the people, policy makers, and the nation? How will information about endangered species, immigrants, and individuals susceptible to crime, and social disorder benefit me as an individual, the community, policy makers, and the country? The answers to these questions will provide the importance of population study
Your essay should also tackle the issues and challenges facing population. Ask yourself these questions: How does the population of a region decrease? Some of the answers are because:
- Human beings stop copulating thus reducing the number of people in a particular region. Governments are solving this issue by encouraging families to increase their sizes by increased reproduction.
- There is warfare, the prevalence of killer diseases, and lack of basic needs.
- The population of animals decreases when they are killed for sport; they are valuable resources, or when they become extinct.
Research on the problems that nations’ face due to low population, and how individuals can curb the decreasing population. The answers will give you extensive information about the issue of low population.
Additionally, population increase affects the population. You should, therefore, ask yourself the causes of population growth. Some reasons are:
- The human populace has grown with the falling death rates that have reduced since the Second World War.
- The migration of individuals from one area to another has increased the population of some countries. For instance, the population of immigrants in the United States has increased its population tremendously.
You should also tackle the effects of increased population. What does it mean when the population of people multiplies with no increase in resources? Some of the effects include:
- Inadequate resources
- Inadequate infrastructure
- An increase in crime and disorder
- Formation of slums
- Increase of people living in the streets
- Increased unemployment
- Increased deforestation
- Global warming
Further, explain why information on low population and high population is beneficial to the society
You can also provide recommendations
Lastly, your essay should have a conclusion that summarizes the main parts of the essay. It should not be more than half a page unless instructed otherwise.
Go ahead and write a captivating and informative essay on population.
to writing a brilliant essay from our
expert academic writers.