70 Great Personal Essay Topics for College: Ideas and Tips for Writing
The personal essay is a typical assignment for school and college students. This type of writing reveals your personal life experiences. In other words, working on this paper you should take your personality to the center stage ‒ your thoughts, feelings, beliefs, and hopes. Writing a personal essay gives you a great opportunity for self-expression.
Your life may not be full of intense drama or super exciting stories, and that’s okay. Your paper can still be engaging if you find one memorable experience and talk about it. Even top-of-the-class students experience troubles choosing a great topic for their personal essays. While some teachers provide learners with specific requirements, others may give them a little bit more of freedom. In such case, how are you going to find ideas for a personal essay topic? Want to create a winning personal essay? Get inspired by the topics listed below!
Childhood and Teen Memories
- Childhood memories of your grandparents’ home.
- How you and your best friend met.
- The favorite picture book from childhood.
- Childhood memories of Christmas.
- The best time with family.
- Do you have a gadget you wanted as a kid but never got?
- The best gift you’ve ever received.
- Childhood memories of the best sleepover.
- Your favorite childhood TV show or character.
- Have you ever found/lost something valuable?
Family and Friends
- How do you define “family”?
- Describe your role in the family.
- The story behind your name.
- How close are you to your parents?
- The history of your family
- The traditions of your family.
- How do you parents teach you to behave?
- How well do you get along with your brothers and sisters?
- The most meaningful relationships in your life.
- Do your parents support your learning?
- Your credo.
- How good are you at time management?
- What motivates you?
- How full is your glass?
- How emotionally intelligent are you?
- Your experience of overcoming a fear.
- How impulsive are you?
- Are you a good listener?
- How often do you cry?
- Things that make you happy.
Internet and Technology
- Do you always keep your smartphone nearby?
- What’s so great about YouTube?
- How often do you use Wikipedia?
- Why do you share photos?
- Do you play video games?
- New technologies you are most excited about?
- Whom would you share your passwords with?
- Do applications on your phone help or just waste your time?
- What tech tools play the biggest role in daily routine?
- Do you trust online reviews?
Movies and Music
- What music inspires you?
- Your favorite singer.
- What’s your karaoke song?
- What do you think about horror movies?
- The best place to watch a movie.
- Your favorite movie stars.
- What role does TV play in your life?
- How closely do you listen to lyrics?
- Is your taste in music based on what your friends like?
- The earliest memories of music in your life.
- What do you prefer: work from home or in the office?
- Do you have a plan for a business?
- Can money buy you happiness?
- Do you realize your life calling?
- Would you want to be a doctor?
- What are your hidden talents?
- Where do you see yourself in ten years?
- Your dream job.
- What have you done to earn money?
- What investment are you willing to make to land a dream job?
- Your perfect family vacation.
- Where would you travel if you could?
- Do you want to live in another country?
- How has travel affected you?
- Do you want to be a space tourist?
- Do you collect souvenirs from trips?
- If you could be a time traveler, where would you go?
- The craziest adventure you’ve ever taken.
- How do you prepare for trips?
- What have you learned from your travels?
Having problems with personal essay writing?
There is no need to worry as Grademiners is here to assist you. Our professional team of writers and editors is online 24/7 to choose a perfect topic for your personal essay and help you write it from scratch.
to writing a brilliant essay from our
expert academic writers.