50 Top-Notch Economics Research Topics
Even despite the fact that you can be a real professional in economics, it could be extremely difficult to find the appropriate topic that would be interesting for both, you and your readers. In most cases, it takes several hours to find the best microeconomics topics.
Considering the fact that you have to perform a college research paper, create an outline and write your paper, the duration of writing may take up to 10-15 hours.
…Can’t spend that much time?
Consider these thrilling macroeconomics and microeconomics research paper topics, and save up to 4 hours!
Table of Contents
What microeconomics topics are all about?
When was the last time you saw a student happy about writing a paper on microeconomics?
Well, we believe, that choosing the right topic is already half the battle.
If you do everything possible to find the topic of interest, you’d manage to decrease the stress from writing, and like a lot!
What is the essence of microeconomics term paper topics?
In fact, they make you study the main principles of economics from both, producer and consumer perspectives. Surely, loads of details are included, but we’re talking about the big picture, right?
Let’s consider several microeconomics research paper topics
- The balance between supply and demand. Are these concepts tightly bound or not?
- Production expenses, price, and profit.
- The essence of markets and competition.
- Pricing and competition.
- Inflation: essence, types, sources, consequences.
Microeconomics topics for presentation
Choose one of these microeconomics topics for presentation. Each would be greatly explained with the combination of text messages and different visuals.
These topics enable you to make a presentation interactive, interesting and quite simple.
- How does the stock market work? How do markets appear?
- Opportunity costs
- What is the meaning of the “perfect competition”?
- What is the impact of supply and demand?
- Is it possible to combine the private health care business with the state health care system?
Microeconomics term paper topics
As you probably understand, macroeconomics research paper writing is significantly more difficult to write rather than an ordinary essay, that’s why these economics research paper topics have to be complex and multifaceted.
There is no need to stay focused on some specific features of any phenomenon. Analyze the whole phenomenon: its pros and cons, causes, consequences, conditions of development, possible ways of change, etc.
- Activities of a competing firm in a long-term perspective: revenue increase, effectiveness of competition, simplification of business processes.
- Impact of the 2008-2009 crisis on the small business in your country.
- The containment of inflationary processes in the US and EU.
- What are the most effective ways to stimulate purchases? Why do you need to sale your products on the Internet in 2019?
- Finance vs. Nature. How to find the ideal balance? How to reduce the pollution of environment and continue the industrial development?
AP microeconomics topics
Need a fitting Advanced Placement Microeconomics topic?
Let’s consider some of these in order to make it all easier for you!
- The meaning of ‘opportunity costs’. What is the difference between explicit and implicit costs?
- The Nature and Functions of Product Markets.
- What are the main reasons for market failures? Is it predictable?
- The problem of limited commodity availability. What should be done to reduce the risks of failure? How to prevent the individual lack of resources?
- What is the essence of game theory? How can we use this theory in real life?
The abovementioned economics topics aren’t good enough? Find out the best ideas in articles and works of scientists like Hermann Heinrich Gossen, Carl Menger, John Bates Clark, Alfred Marshall, etc. All of them were real professionals in the sphere of microeconomics. Borrow interesting topics or just consider their works in own writing.
How about a package of great macroeconomics topics?
Still, loads of students who are not interested in microeconomics choose one of the macroeconomics topics. Those won’t analyze the activity of particular businesses but would focus on the behaviour and decision-making of an economy as a whole.
In most cases, the authors of these articles are going to consider fundamental concepts like unemployment, consumption, savings, investment, and so on. Even despite the fact that the two topics of primary concern in macroeconomics are spending and saving, we are going to consider additional microeconomics research paper topics as well.
Macroeconomics research paper topics
- What is the impact of Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, signed into law by Donald Trump on the United States economy?
- What is the future of the GDP growth rate in the US?
- How to stimulate GDP growth in our country? Is it possible to increase our development and save the leading positions in the world?
- US unemployment is at its lowest since 1969. Is it possible to continue this success?
- What should our government do to minimize risks of the future default?
Macroeconomics topics for presentation
There are also a lot of interesting macroeconomics topics for presentation. How about analyzing the historical context? That would increase the number of available topics.
- Laffer curve: the essence of theory, ways of use, successful implementation examples.
- The miracle of Chile: what did the government and Chicago Boys do in order to create the financial success of Chile?
- The story of Israel’s economic miracle.
- International Monetary Fund and its role in the financial success of European and Asian countries.
- How Lee Kuan Yew created Singapore’s economic miracle?
Macroeconomics term paper topics
Try those great macroeconomics term paper topics in case you need something more difficult to challenge yourself.
- Banks and their role in the economy.
- State regulation of the economy in foreign countries: main models of regulation.
- Causes of global financial crisis in 2008-2009.
- Main problems of the US state budget in 2019.
- Inflation in the US and possible ways to reduce its impact.
Additional economics topics, for most persistent ones
You are already past more than 30 economics topics!
Thrilled to continue?
We too! There are dozens of great ideas ahead.
Economics research paper topics: general approach
- What is the future of the US stock market? How to choose potentially profitable stocks?
- How the stock market indirectly controls inflation and deflation in the market.
- What are the main reasons for the cryptocurrency market’s failure in 2018?
- What should we do in order to double the growth of GDP in the US?
- How do banks work in the US?
Fab economics topics for presentation
- 5 best ways to reduce the state budget deficit in your country.
- Neoliberal reforms in the 20th century. Is same success possible in 2019?
- Chicago school of economics vs. Austrian school of economics.
- The anatomy of an economic crisis: various contributing factors.
- Is it possible to predict and prevent economic crisis in European countries?
Challenging economics term paper topics
- History of Economic Thought.
- How to conduct neoliberal reforms in your country.
- What is the impact of labor organizations in the US?
- Is it possible to reduce the role of labor organizations in our country?
- What is the future of economic systems in former Soviet Republics?
How to classify topics as relating to microeconomics or macroeconomics?
Loads of people don’t get the difference between these two concepts.
If you are one of those people who cannot classify the following topics as relating to microeconomics or macroeconomics, we’ll simplify it for you.
Microeconomics studies the basic level of different businesses and their cooperation with customers.
Macroeconomics considers the most fundamental principles and concepts of economics.
What an idea! Choose one of the economics topics above and hand it to a professional writer. Save time for things that truly matter!