Pop Culture Essay – Thoughts on Writing
Wiring about culture is exciting if you know how to approach it. The secret is in finding the right aspect to write about. Culture is rich and diverse and, unlike strictly scientific topics, gives room for creativity.
In terms of structure and writing stages, a culture essay doesn’t differ from other papers. It follows the usual flow – the introduction with a thesis, the main part, and the conclusion.
The very concept of culture is rather broad – that’s why in order to write a good paper, it is better to focus on some kind of culture. For the purposes of this blog post, let’s focus on pop culture.
The benefits of writing on pop culture is that you, as the writer, have already experienced it and are experiencing it almost every day of your life.
What you hear from your car’s radio, what you see on TV, and what you find browsing online make up the pop culture of the modern time. In other words, a pop culture is the combination of images, perspectives, opinions, ideas and other components that are mainstream within a certain national culture.
The emergence of the pop culture
The term itself appeared in the 19th century and at first was associated only with those social strata that lacked education and were on the lower end of the income ladder. The pop culture was opposed to the official culture with its higher education and income standards.
After the World War II, the term acquired the new meaning of “mass” culture, or “consumerism” culture.
Even though the word “pop” is short for “popular,” the two have a difference in meaning. While “popular” is used to characterize a phenomenon that acquired popularity, “pop” has a narrower meaning of something that has qualities of mass appeal.
There are as many as six definitions of popular culture, none of which covers the full range of meanings.
How to write about pop culture?
There are SO many ways to write about pop culture, and we will only name a few possible directions you could follow.
- High class and low-class cultures – what are they?
- The message that the pop culture sends
- The impact of pop culture on religion
- The roots of counterculture
- The responsibility of those producing popular culture to those consuming it
- The issue of low-quality popular culture – is it possible for a pop culture to be of a low quality at all?
- Can popular culture be an advocate of positive social changes?
- Pop culture values – why people trade genuine talent for mass appeal?
- The likely development of pop culture
- Comparison of pop cultures of different decades
- What could and could not be predicted in the development of the pop culture of the previous years?
- The chances and the mechanism of a niche cultural movement being destroyed by people who don’t understand it
- The influence of pop culture on shaping the personality
- All things Andy Warhol as the father of pop art movement
- The tattoo art as a part of the pop culture
- Hip hop and its appeal for masses
- The influence of pop music on social events
- The influence of music on our social choices
- The subjectivity in evaluation of classic and popular music quality
- Where does the line between low class and high-cžlass music lie?
- Pop music and its role in promoting the values of globalization
- The current state of pop music
- All things The Beatles
- Narcotics abuse by major pop music figures
- Michael Jackson as a key figure in the development of pop music
- The complicated relationship of online piracy and pop culture
- The influence of reality TV on the development and shaping of popular culture
- The role of soap operas in popular culture
- Media as sources of pop culture
- The influence of the online world on popular culture and our choices within it
- The impact of advertising on popular culture
- The contribution of reality TV into the development of pop culture
- All things The Simpsons as a quintessence of pop culture
- Celebrity worshipping as a part of popular culture
- The difference between celebrity worshipping and hero worshipping
Music, art, literature, movies – there are virtually no limits as long as you make a point by carefully choosing and presenting arguments. This is the beauty of writing creative papers, so use it as much as you can.
to writing a brilliant essay from our
expert academic writers.