90 Topic Ideas For Research Paper On Feminism
No one can deny that the topic of feminism is a thrilling one. Millions of people around the world support this movement. Still, there are loads of those who criticize the movement and express the concern of its scopes.
The issue is discussed severely, as it has not only positive effects.
… So what’s the matter?
Feminism is a historical, political and social movement of women who spoke for political, economic, social, and personal equality between sexes. Only because of feminism, women can vote, go outside not accompanied with men, visit bars and cafes without a convoy of men, study at schools and universities, wear whatever they want and work wherever they want.
You may think,
Modern feminism is called fourth-wave feminism and is aimed to fight contemporary challenges.
Nowadays, feminism is dealing with issues like street harassment, workplace harassment, campus sexual assault, etc.
Thousands of women face these problems daily. Issues like sexual assault and harassment ruin their lives, careers, and personal relationships — no need to mention the damage to mental and physical health.
This is exactly why the topic of feminism is not only up-to-date but also worthy of examining and highlighting.
Table of Contents
Most popular feminist topics for essays
The topic of feminism is quite broad and covers a lot of aspects to discover and write about. Thus, it may be difficult to come up with what to write about.
Here are some ideas on feminism movement, covering general questions:
- Domestic violence and feminism.
- Activation of feminism in the XXI century.
- The role of a woman in the modern world of business.
- What are the main contributions of feminism to the contemporary lifestyle?
- The role of the Internet in feminism publicity.
- How should we define the difference between sex and gender?
- The role and impact of movement #MeToo.
- Can modern feminism start the discrimination of men?
- The issue of gender and parenting.
- Mass media and beauty standards: positive and negative effects on women’s lives.
- Hatred to men: a myth or a real threat of feminism?
- Feminism: a relic of history or a need?
- Basic concepts of feminism.
- The popular image of a feminist: an ugly woman with unshaved legs and huge hatred against men.
- Main ideas of modern feminism.
- Widespread myths about feminism and feminists.
- Methods of fighting for ideas feminists use.
- Feminism and human rights.
- Can the stents of feminism be divided into correct and incorrect?
- Modern forms of sexism
- (De) Construction of gender roles.
- Domestic violence: who is guilty and how to cope with the problem?
- Merits of feminism.
- Position of feminist critics. Are they right to any extent?
- ‘You judge a woman by her cuisine’: discuss.
- Violation of women’s rights in the contemporary world.
- Main offshoots of modern feminism.
- Main currents of feminism: black, radical, eco, and others.
- Feminism and criminality: is there any connection?
- Obstacles faced by feminism in the contemporary world.
Most controversial feminist research paper topics
Writing a good research paper surely requires a decent knowledge of the issue you’re writing about.
However, the phenomenon of feminism is dynamic and agile, and it is constantly changing, expanding, and broadening.
That is exactly why it may be tough to know everything about it.
Thus if you need to write a research paper, it is better to take a narrow separate question and work on it.
Here are a couple of ideas for a research paper which may be of great interest for you to examine:
- Black feminism.
- Pros and cons of sexual education for children.
- Does feminism encourage both men and women to fulfill non-traditional roles in the family, work, and society?
- “We should all be feminists” – Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (Nigerian writer).
- The history of feminism: from 1837 to nowadays.
- Gender disbalance in Asian countries, its causes.
- World legislation against gender inequality: does it really matter?
- Gender discrimination and sexism: what is it and how to cope with the issue.
- Should men fight for their rights nowadays?
- Cognitive otherness in genders.
- Causes of misogyny and ways to overcome the problem.
- Distribution of toys and sex education: should we raise boys and girls differently?
- The movement of feminism can lead to the superiority of women.
- Feminism in Islamic countries.
- Examine the difference between third-wave and fourth-wave feminism.
- Women’s suffrage as the basis of feminism.
- The standpoint of the feminist movement.
- The impact of feminism on politics.
- The societal impact of feminism: what we’ll have in 5 years?
- First/second/third/fourth wave of feminism: outflows, activity, and results of the movement.
- Sorts of feminist movements and ideologies.
- Where is feminism needed the most?
- Ways of achieving total gender equality.
- Male feminism.
- Why do men lead in politics and business?
- Describe the position of anti-feminism.
- Can radical feminism split society?
- Are there any chauvinistic displays of feminism?
- It is claimed that women usually earn less than men. Research to confirm or refute this statement.
- Role of feminism in harassment decrease.
Most interesting feminist topics to write about
Wondering what are the most thrilling topics to discover within the issue of feminism?
As the movement is quite continuous, it already has a huge history; you may find that interesting.
On the other hand, feminism is still developing and facing loads of issues every day. We can’t deny it has a bright future for at least another hundred years.
Here are truly curious topics for your work. Use them or get inspired to develop your own perfect topic for the essay!
- Fashion and feminism.
- The impact of feminism on modern education.
- The feminist movement in your country.
- Gender stereotypes: how did they occur, and are they still relevant?
- Your own vision of modern feminism.
- How has feminism influenced your life?
- Men and feminism.
- Pro-feminism and Anti-feminism movements.
- What aspects of woman inequality do we encounter in modern society?
- What do modern manifestations of feminism bring, positive effects or social destruction?
- How is feminism presented in literature?
- The negative influence of feminism on brands’ income.
- Did feminism become mainstream nowadays?
- Effects of feminism on teenagers.
- How to become a feminist?
- Stars and famous personalities who are feminists.
- Radical feminism: pros and cons.
- Impact of feminism on heterosexual relationships.
- What would society be like without gender stereotypes? Would you like to live in such a society? Why?
- Does feminism harm men?
- Which methods are used by modern feminists to achieve their goals? Are they successful?
- Feminism vs anti-feminism.
- My own vision of feminism.
- Do people start calling themselves feminists because it’s fashionable?
- Controversial issues of feminism.
- Perspectives of the feminist movement.
- Influence of feminism on the media.
- How can feminism affect women negatively?
As you can see, the topic of feminism is indeed the one worth to highlight.
The numerous aspects of feminism await to be discovered! Bring it on!
No inspiration to write a research paper on feminism? Here’s the deal! You choose a topic from our list and we write your paper. Tightest deadline, complete confidentiality and 100% unique text… Right here, click the button.