TOP 100 Gender Equality Essay Topics
Need ideas for argumentative essay on gender inequality? We’ve got a bunch!
… But let’s start off with a brief intro.
Table of Contents
What is gender equality?
Equality between the sexes is a huge part of basic human rights. It means that men and women have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential in all spheres of life.
Today, we still face inequality issues as there is a persistent gap in access to opportunities for men and women.
Women have less access to decision-making and higher education. They constantly face obstacles at the workplace and have greater safety risks. Maintaining equal rights for both sexes is critical for meeting a wide range of goals in global development.
Inequality between the sexes is an interesting area to study so high school, college, and university students are often assigned to write essays on gender topics.
In this article, we are going to discuss the key peculiarities of gender equality essay. Besides, we have created a list of the best essay topic ideas.
What is the specifics of gender equality essay?
Equality and inequality between the sexes are important historical and current social issues which impact the way students and their families live. They are common topics for college papers in psychology, sociology, gender studies.
When writing an essay on equality between the sexes, you need to argue for a strong point of view and support your argument with relevant evidence gathered from multiple sources.
But first, you’d need to choose a good topic which is neither too broad nor too narrow to research.
Research is crucial for the success of your essay because you should develop a strong argument based on an in-depth study of various scholarly sources.
Equality between sexes is a complex problem. You have to consider different aspects and controversial points of view on specific issues, show your ability to think critically, develop a strong thesis statement, and build a logical argument, which can make a great impression on your audience.
If you are looking for interesting gender equality essay topics, here you will find a great list of 100 topic ideas for writing essays and research papers on gender issues in contemporary society.
Should you find that some topics are too broad, feel free to narrow them down.
Powerful gender equality essay topics
Here are the top 25 hottest topics for your argumentative opinion paper on gender issues.
Whether you are searching for original creative ideas for gender equality in sports essay or need inspiration for gender equality in education essay, we’ve got you covered.
Use imagination and creativity to demonstrate your approach.
- Analyze gender-based violence in different countries
- Compare wage gap between the sexes in different countries
- Explain the purpose of gender mainstreaming
- Implications of sex differences in the human brain
- How can we teach boys and girls that they have equal rights?
- Discuss gender-neutral management practices
- Promotion of equal opportunities for men and women in sports
- What does it mean to be transgender?
- Discuss the empowerment of women
- Why is gender-blindness a problem for women?
- Why are girls at greater risk of sexual violence and exploitation?
- Women as victims of human trafficking
- Analyze the glass ceiling in management
- Impact of ideology in determining relations between sexes
- Obstacles that prevent girls from getting quality education in African countries
- Why are so few women in STEM?
- Major challenges women face at the workplace
- How do women in sport fight for equality?
- Women, sports, and media institutions
- Contribution of women in the development of the world economy
- Role of gender diversity in innovation and scientific discovery
- What can be done to make cities safer for women and girls?
- International trends in women’s empowerment
- Role of schools in teaching children behaviours considered appropriate for their sex
- Feminism on social relations uniting women and men as groups
Gender roles essay topics
We can measure the equality of men and women by looking at how both sexes are represented in a range of different roles. You don’t have to do extensive and tiresome research to come up with gender roles essay topics, as we have already done it for you.
Have a look at this short list of top-notch topic ideas.
- Are paternity and maternity leaves equally important for babies?
- Imagine women-dominated society and describe it
- Sex roles in contemporary western societies
- Compare theories of gender development
- Adoption of sex-role stereotyped behaviours
- What steps should be taken to achieve gender-parity in parenting?
- What is gender identity?
- Emotional differences between men and women
- Issues modern feminism faces
- Sexual orientation and gender identity
- Benefits of investing in girls’ education
- Patriarchal attitudes and stereotypes in family relationships
- Toys and games of girls and boys
- Roles of men and women in politics
- Compare career opportunities for both sexes in the military
- Women in the US military
- Academic careers and sex equity
- Should men play larger roles in childcare?
- Impact of an ageing population on women’s economic welfare
- Historical determinants of contemporary differences in sex roles
- Gender-related issues in gaming
- Culture and sex-role stereotypes in advertisements
- What are feminine traits?
- Sex role theory in sociology
- Causes of sex differences and similarities in behaviour
Gender inequality research paper topics
Examples of inequality can be found in the everyday life of different women in many countries across the globe. Our gender inequality research paper topics are devoted to different issues that display discrimination of women throughout the world.
Choose any topic you like, research it, brainstorm ideas, and create a detailed gender inequality essay outline before you start working on your first draft.
Start off with making a debatable thesis, then write an engaging introduction, convincing main body, and strong conclusion for gender inequality essay.
- Aspects of sex discrimination
- Main indications of inequality between the sexes
- Causes of sex discrimination
- Inferior role of women in the relationships
- Sex differences in education
- Can education solve issues of inequality between the sexes?
- Impact of discrimination on early childhood development
- Why do women have limited professional opportunities in sports?
- Gender discrimination in sports
- Lack of women having leadership roles
- Inequality between the sexes in work-family balance
- Top factors that impact inequality at a workplace
- What can governments do to close the gender gap at work?
- Sex discrimination in human resource processes and practices
- Gender inequality in work organizations
- Factors causing inequality between men and women in developing countries
- Work-home conflict as a symptom of inequality between men and women
- Why are mothers less wealthy than women without children?
- Forms of sex discrimination in a contemporary society
- Sex discrimination in the classroom
- Justification of inequality in American history
- Origins of sex discrimination
- Motherhood and segregation in labour markets
- Sex discrimination in marriage
- Can technology reduce sex discrimination?
Most controversial gender topics
Need a good controversial topic for gender stereotypes essay? Here are some popular debatable topics concerning various gender problems people face nowadays.
They are discussed in scientific studies, newspaper articles, and social media posts. If you choose any of them, you will need to perform in-depth research to prepare an impressive piece of writing.
- How do gender misconceptions impact behaviour?
- Most common outdated sex-role stereotypes
- How does gay marriage influence straight marriage?
- Explain the role of sexuality in sex-role stereotyping
- Role of media in breaking sex-role stereotypes
- Discuss the dual approach to equality between men and women
- Are women better than men or are they equal?
- Sex-role stereotypes at a workplace
- Racial variations in gender-related attitudes
- Issues modern feminism faces
- Role of feminism in creating the alternative culture for women
- Feminism and transgender theory
- Gender stereotypes in science and education
- Are sex roles important for society?
- Future of gender norms
- How can we make a better world for women?
- Are men the weaker sex?
- Beauty pageants and women’s empowerment
- Are women better communicators?
- What are the origins of sexual orientation?
- Should prostitution be legal?
- Pros and cons of being a feminist
- Advantages and disadvantages of being a woman
- Can movies defy gender stereotypes?
- Sexuality and politics
Feel free to use these powerful topic ideas for writing a good college-level gender equality essay or as a starting point for your study.
No time to do decent research and write your top-notch paper? No big deal! Choose any topic from our list and let a pro write the essay for you!