50 Best Ideas for Research Paper Topics in 2017
Looking for a good research topic? The first tip right off the bat: start early. This type of assignment is quite challenging and requires weeks spent doing research and writing. To reduce stress while writing a research paper, you should be sure you have chosen the right topic. In case you’re not required to work on the particular subject matter, you have to do your best to find a compelling one by yourself. But how to choose an interesting one? Continue reading to find out useful tips along with some interesting topic examples for you.
How to choose a good research paper topic
Selecting a research paper topic, make sure that it’s interesting not just for you but also for the reader. Boring or worn out topics are also not the best choice. Instead, write about something fresh, controversial and exciting. Something that would intrigue the reader and motivate them to work their way towards the end of your paper.
There are some practical tips to consider when looking for a perfect topic:
- Choose a subject matter that is interesting for you. No doubt, it would be much easier for you to explore the topic that is linked to the field of your interest.
- Define your topic. The readers should see that you have in-depth knowledge of the field. Thus, if you feel a little bit fuzzy about some topic, select another one before you begin writing.
- Be specific. A research paper should be precise and based only on proven facts. Support your statements with examples and references. Don’t add content about anything else except the chosen topic.
- Apply an innovative approach. Don’t be afraid to take the road less traveled. Analyze your topic from the different perspectives and add some new facts to surprise the readers and make your paper stand out from the crowd.
It takes a thorough research to complete a strong research paper. Be confident in your arguments and make the thesis statement unique. Here are some exciting topics for you to consider.
Research paper topics on Business
- The new age of branding: How social media can be good for business.
- Is leadership skill that can be received?
- The power of image in business culture and its effect on consumers’ minds.
- The best marketing lessons: The roots of Apple phenomenon.
- Which is better: global standardization or local customization?
- Does involvement in a charity make a company more popular?
- The main advantages and disadvantages of outsourcing.
- What is a healthy work environment and how to create one?
- Corporate sports classes as enhancers of a healthy work environment.
- Is it acceptable for companies to advertise their goods and services in schools?
Research paper topics on Math
- Which of the two ancient civilizations is responsible for the modern numerical?
- The connections between Quantum Physics and mathematics.
- Would architecture be possible without mathematics?
- Math in Art: Tessellations.
- The use of mathematics in modern physics: motion and mechanics.
- Math in the kitchen: timing, weight, density.
- Theories that changed the world: Pythagoras and Trigonometry.
- Look at the way that jewelry is made: Math in the Jewelry design.
- Magic tricks throughout history: how illusionists used mathematics to achieve results.
- Banach-Tarski Paradox and The Axiom of Choice.
Research paper topics on Science
- Nanotechnology in contact lenses: Science fiction or reality?
- How well do childhood vaccines prevent diseases?
- How close are we to space colonization: The science behind the movie Interstellar.
- How will self-driving cars change the way people live?
- What is the difference between comets, asteroids, meteors, and meteorites?
- The farming industry’s impact on the environment.
- Can researchers use genetics to help us live both longer and healthier?
- How can nanotechnology be used to work with DNA?
- Is using drones for war a good idea?
- The prospects of SpaceX.
The most common research paper topics
- How much sleep do we need?
- How important is climate change legislation?
- Why is Pluto no longer a planet?
- How has 9/11 changed the American politics of security?
- How can videogames be used to solve scientific problems?
- Should sugar be regulated like a drug?
- Controlling pollution: approaches applied by different states.
- What technologies are in development to help paralyzed people?
- The pros and cons of legalizing marijuana.
- The impact of substance abuse on health.
Research paper topics on Social Networks
- Social media marketing with Facebook and Twitter.
- Use of social networks and its impact on students.
- Newspapers in social media.
- Trends in fundraising.
- The role of social media in yellow journalism.
- Use of social media for marketing in the fashion industry.
- Can social media become an addiction?
- How can small businesses use social media?
- How do social media influence interpersonal communication?
- Parental advisory on social networks.
Struggle with choosing a good topic? Let us help.
We hope you’ve found the given topics useful and interesting. If you still have problems with topic selection, feel free to ask for help at GradeMiners. Our qualified writers and editors with strong professional background are always ready to consult you and find the best solution to your problems with academic writing.
to writing a brilliant essay from our
expert academic writers.