How To Write An Animal Testing Essay?
Animal testing is a long-standing problem, which bothers people all around the world. It is also known as in vivo testing or animal research; it’s the use of animals in experiments to explore the reactions of their bodies and biological systems to various irritants.
From the beginning of the scientific revolution, this method was often used in medical and biological studies. However, nowadays it is also used in commercial facilities and pharmaceutical companies to test cosmetics, hygiene products, and foods before selling them to people.
Animal testing essay approaches
Basically, there are two approaches to writing essays on animal testing.
You may choose a topic that considers the historical context, as methods of testing and other aspects that don’t require your personal point of view. When writing such an essay, remember that you need to be unprejudiced and objective, to explore the topic as a scientist.
The other approach is an argumentative essay. There’s also a vast quantity of sides to choose from but you’ll need to express your point of view or compose the topic for an essay sticking to it. Here you will have to be persuasive to convince the reader in your rightness.
Position against animal testing essay
If you are an opponent to animal testing, you may want to choose the topic, that would highlight the negative sides of the issue.
Here are some arguments against animal testing for you to start off:
- Experiments on animals are inhumane and cause animal suffering.
- There are different alternatives for testing, that can replace animals.
- People differ from animals. Thus, the results of animal testing might be unjustified.
- Some products that have passed animal testing were dangerous to people.
- Alternative methods of research are cheaper than animal testing.
- Lots of failed experiments are useless to expend of animals’ lives.
- Religion induces us to be merciful to all living creatures including animals.
Position pro-animal testing essay
In case you support the idea of animal testing and decided to prove that it is needed in the modern world, you’d need to be very persuasive. There are thousands of people who won’t share your opinion.
Below you can find some ideas to support animal testing:
- Animal testing produced dozens of treatments and saved millions of people’s lives.
- There still are no equivalent alternatives to test a fully functioning organism.
- Some animals are similar to the human organism.
- Animal testing prevents dangerous and harmful experiments on people.
- There’s legislation which aims to prevent animals’ mistreatment.
- The majority of scientists endorse the practice of animal testing.
- Some of the products must be first tested on animals to prove humans can use them.
- Religion establishes human domination.
- Animals’ lives is a small price for scientific and medical progress.
Ideas on animal testing essay structure
Each essay has to be well-structured and animal testing essay is not an exception. As a rule, an essay consists of three parts: introduction, main body, and conclusion.
In the introduction, you present the problem and the topic of your essay. Provide your reader with some definitions and background information for a better understanding.
In the main body, you represent all the information, ideas and statements for your topic. Don’t forget to structure the text and break it into paragraphs, this will make your essay more readable. Ideally, you write each idea or statement in the new paragraph.
The conclusion is put at the very end when everything is already said. Here you make an inference of the whole essay without adding any new information.
Here is an example of the outline for a pro-animal testing research paper:
- Hook sentence.
- Thesis statement.
- Transition to Main Body.
- History of the animal testing practice.
- The role of legislation in preventing mistreatment.
- Great discoveries, which would be impossible without animal testing.
- Why alternatives to animal testing won’t work?
- Transition to Conclusion.
- Unexpected twist or a final argument.
- Food for thought.
Writing an animal testing essay introduction
To write a successful introduction, and the whole essay as well, you need to be aware of the topic. So first of all, you need to do a lot of research work for a good start.
Searching for some animal testing essay examples might appear to be a great idea. Once you gain some background you will surely get to know what is needed to be said.
Here are some hints on what to include in your introduction:
- Definition of animal testing.
- Description of the problem.
- Experts’ point of view.
- Society’s position.
- Some catchy facts.
- Thesis statement – the main idea of your essay.
Best animal testing essay titles
Lack of ideas for a good title? Here’s a list of topics for the essay on animal testing.
Choose any. Each of them is catchy.
- Pros and cons of animal testing.
- Animal testing in cosmetics.
- Great discoveries of animal testing.
- Alternatives to animal testing.
- Animal testing in your country.
- The ethical side of animal testing.
- Positive and negative outcomes of animal testing.
- Horrors of animal testing.
- Future of animal testing.
- Animal testing and animal rights.
Crafting an animal testing essay hook
When it comes to writing, the introduction is almost a half of success. If you manage to write a good beginning, the reader will surely have a more positive vision of the whole work.
… How to grab the reader’s attention and compose a catchy beginning?
These two basic techniques are often used by speakers, but can also be applied when writing:
- Rhetorical question. Make the reader think, ask something ambiguous or nippy, like: “Is morality valuable when it comes to medical progress and saving lives?” or “Would you kill an animal with your own hands?”
- Shocking fact. Something like: “More than 100 million animals are abused and killed in the US yearly” or “88% of Nobel Prizes in Physiology and Medicine involved animal testing.
All in all, animal testing is newsworthy and up to date topic to discover and highlight. There are many aspects of the problem to explore and what is important – you can’t be right or wrong with your point of view.
This coin has two sides and it is for you to decide which one to stick to. Remember that your essay will benefit from honesty with yourself and the reader.
Want to have a perfect essay on animal testing, but have no inspiration to write it? Our writers do! Order your essay in 1 click and save evening to yourself!