Essay on Child Abuse: Write It Easily
Writing articles on sensitive themes is always a challenging task. One such topic is child abuse. Believe it or not, the number of cases where children become victims is increasing even in today’s developed world. Even though we might not see this problem, it is hidden behind the children’s psychological trauma. So the field of investigation is vast.
Usually, child abuse essay is discussed in social studies. But it can be an issue for research on any other discipline since this topic can be viewed from different perspectives. And while you don’t know how to correctly write a child abuse essay, you can use our guide below where we cover the main points of the writing process on this topic.
Table of Contents
What to Write About in Child Abuse Essays?
Sadly, there is a lot of information to write about in a child abuse essay. And while this topic is so broad, students find it difficult to define what actually to include in such a piece of writing. We have some great ideas that will serve you as hints in writing a child abuse essay. See them below.
- Start with a definition. Even though it is quite easy to understand what child abuse means, in academic writing, it is essential to insert clear and official information from reliable sources. Go to the dictionaries and explain the definition of “child abuse”.
- Choose a certain type of child abuse. Traditionally, a child abuse term is associated with physical abuse. However, there are many other ways children can get hurt. Thus, there are different types of child abuse: economical abuse, mental abuse, psychological abuse, emotional, and so on. In your essay, you can focus on one type.
- Reveal the signs of child abuse. When your readers know what type of child abuse you are writing about, you can also provide them with information on the children’s behavior. For example, children subjected to any type of violence have problems with sleep, their eating habits change, and of course emotional state.
- Describe types of neglect. In your child abuse essay, you can always discuss types of child neglect. Sometimes, parents that are ignoring their kids harm them even more than if they would beat them.
- Write about the consequences. Child abuse never goes away without consequences. Even if kids become adults and have the power to defend themselves, they are already injured from childhood. This can result in different physical and psychological changes. People with trauma can even be dangerous to society since children always copy the behavior of their parents.
- Offer the solutions. Surely, every case of child abuse is different. But generally, you should give your ideas on how to decrease the level of harming kids. Suggest therapy or support groups as a solution to go through the childhood trauma in your child abuse essay.
Essays on Child Abuse: Structure and Outline
Once you know what to write about in your work, you should structure this information. To do that, it is important to follow the rules of academic writing. So every essay should have an introduction, body paragraphs, and conclusion. Unless you have specific requirements from your professor, the number of paragraphs may vary. However, every paragraph should represent only one single idea on child abuse topic.
When building an outline, write short summaries for which paragraph. Add a hook to the introductory part of the child essay abuse, create a strong thesis statement, come up with concise topic sentences for every paragraph of the body part, and don’t forget to link your conclusion with a thesis statement.
Child Abuse Essay Writing Tips
When writing a child abuse essay, the focus should be not on evoking emotions as in a descriptive essay but on facts and revealing the theme fully. Thus, follow these tips to make your work sound professional.
- Add statistics. It will not cause you difficulty to find statistics on child abuse in your country. Facts and numbers always sound credible and reliable.
- Use real examples. Many celebrities have been bullied in their childhood. And that can be a great topic of discussion for your essay. Moreover, by mentioning a celebrity readers will definitely keep in mind your essay.
- Be cautious. You don’t want to make your audience cry over your child abuse essay. Since this topic is very sensitive and personal for someone, try to find words and phrases that will not make anyone feel bad.
Creating a Strong Child Abuse Essay Thesis
A thesis statement is the main idea of your work. In the case of writing a child abuse essay, it should not only tell how sorrowful this topic is. A thesis statement should state the purpose of your piece of writing. For example, you can write that this essay will reveal the reasons for child abuse, its consequences, solutions, or a discussion of this problem on a state level. Then in the following paragraphs, the task is to support a personal statement with solid arguments and evidence.
The common useful technique that helps to create a concise thesis statement is to give yourself a question. Why does child abuse is still existing in developed countries? How are financial struggles connected with child abuse? And so on. Write down your answer and transform it into your thesis.
Child Abuse Essay: Wrapping Up
Investigating child abuse topic is always a challenging task. Even though the writing process takes a lot of effort, the most difficult part is to properly process the information regarding this sensitive theme.
You can always look up examples of child abuse essays on writing platforms. By getting inspiration from what other students wrote, you can easily come up with your own perfect essay. Use our tips for making your writing routine easy and flawless.