Ideas on writing an excellent Baseball essay
During your coursework, you might come across an assignment that requires you to write an essay on sports, for instance, a baseball essay. The essay is aimed at describing all that baseball entails in details so that if the reader does not have an idea of what baseball is at the end of your essay he/she will have ideas of how it operates.
Prewriting the essay and points to consider
Therefore, writing the essay requires a lot of description that is also elaborate for the reader to understand easily. The first point is to get them to know what baseball is that is the overview. Baseball is a two-teams game that consists of nine players each making a total of eighteen players. One team which is batting is referred to as the offensive, and the other which is fielding is known as the defensive team. Writing a descriptive essay on baseball can be challenging, but through the following tips, you will manage to write a perfect essay.
- Establish columns that represent the human five senses: a baseball game is an activity, and as a human being there are different sensations that we get to experience by our five senses whether we are playing the game or watching it. Therefore, create a column for sight, taste, scent, touch, and sound that you will write the sensation brought to each sense by baseball. This activity will enable you to have content that will make the reader get that feeling of the game on your essay.
- Review the list: after writing down the list now go back and review the list and choose the best sensation that you feel you will be able to explain fluently in the baseball essay that will be understood and felt by the reader.
- Thesis statement: a thesis statement is essential while writing a descriptive essay. The statement will be used to govern the whole essay. The statement is intended to come at the end of the introductory paragraph, and it will state the purpose of the essay.
- Create a clear outline: the next step is to create an overall outline that will be used in the entire essay. The outline will have each and every paragraph to a specific point that it is going to discuss on. Depending on the level of education that you are writing the essay it will dictate the length of your essay. The length, in turn, will dictate the number of points that you are going to discuss in the essay.
Actual writing tips
- Structure the essay: start by arranging your essay in a chronological manner that will make sense to the reader. Since you are describing baseball start by introducing the reader to what baseball is. Explain the basics to the reader so that later on in the essay when you begin to go deep into details they will flow with you and not get lost. Make it be relevant reading your essay.
- Introduction: create an introduction paragraph that is elaborate that have a small explanation of what the essay will be discussing and in this case is an essay on baseball. Then at the end of the introduction paragraph make sure you include the thesis statement that will now take govern of what should be discussed in the entire essay.
- Use elaborate sensory details: since the essay is a descriptive one use the best sensory details that will support your thesis statement. In addition, use literary tools to spice up the content in your essays such as metaphors, similes, adjectives, and personification. The reader will be in a position to feel the description that you are trying to create when using the tools and proper description of the senses.
- Topic sentences: the sentences should be clear and straight to the point since they introduce the reader to what you are going to discuss in the remaining part of the paragraph. The topic sentences restrict you from diverting the Therefore, there is no mix up of information in the same paragraph. One topic sentence for each and every paragraph and they should also not divert from the thesis statement provided in the introduction paragraph.
- Conclusion: the conclusion should summarize everything that you have discussed in the essay so as to make the reader once again recap on the information you have shared about baseball.