How to write your Research Paper on Tornadoes
A topic on tornadoes is quite extensive since there are many things to cover while handling the subject. Choose the content to cover to avoid giving unnecessary information. Follow the following instructions as you write your Research Paper on Tornadoes.
Start by conducting extensive research on tornadoes. Your course book and various scholarly sources have enough information on the subject. The definition can cover a description of the tornadoes, its synonyms, and some important facts that you feel are necessary. For example:
Tornadoes are violent and destructive whirling winds that are accompanied by a cloud that is funnel-shaped which progresses in a narrow path over the earth. The velocity and vigor of tornadoes result in the destruction of property, soil erosion, and pollution.
The synonyms are crucial because you can use them in the paper to avoid over-using the word tornado. Your introduction should include a brief description of tornadoes and inform the reader what you will handle in the paper. Avoid using the first person ‘I will handle…’, unless the instructions by your teacher state otherwise. You should also have a thesis statement at the end of your paragraph. Research how to write a good thesis statement if you do not know how to go about it.
The body of your paper can have the following content:
Some interesting facts about tornadoes like when the tornadoes occur, how they form, the most susceptible areas to tornadoes, and the month that they are most prevalent. You can also write some crucial facts like the size, speed, diameter, and shapes of tornadoes.
- You should also inform the reader about the damages that tornadoes cause including injuries, death, and pollution. Provide examples and statistical data to support that information.
- Present your audience with the various prevention practices against damages caused by tornadoes. An example is: Families should have a tornado plan that highlights where to take shelter during the twister, where to meet after the disaster and periodic tornado drills that keep them prepared. Providing such information is important as it educates the reader. You paper should aim at assisting your readers to solve a certain problem thus writing prevention practices.
- You should also include the safety practices that people should follow during the storm. Information on this is quite extensive thus choose the information that you think is best to protect individuals during the storm. For instance: Individuals should seek shelter in tornado proof places like in the basement where there is a minimal likelihood of debris flying and hurting them; those who live in mobile homes should get out immediately and find sturdy buildings to shield them; Individuals should also stay away from windows since they may break and cause injuries. Also, provide examples of the safety gears that individuals should wear to shield themselves during cyclones.
- You should also enlighten the reader on what to do after a tornado. What are the evacuation plans? Which safety precautions should they use to avoid injuries from the debris?
- You can also provide recommendations for the equipment to buy to protect oneself from tornadoes, the safety kits that households should have, and any other crucial actions that one needs to do during and after tornadoes.
The information can be very detailed thus choose the important points and explain them concisely. Also, use separate paragraphs while writing about different topics. Your topics can have subtopics to avoid have long paragraphs communicate about one issue. Remember to have topic sentences for each paragraph.
The conclusion of the paper should not exceed half a page. Summarize the paper’s contents briefly as proof that the paper handled the things that you stated in your introduction. Also, ensure that the content is in line with your thesis statement to show the reader that you met your objectives. The conclusion can include a brief description about tornadoes, some facts, damages, safety, and prevention techniques.
Note that a research paper should portray your understanding of the topic, your efforts in handling the paper, and your attempts to solve some of the issues caused by the topic. Show your readers that you not only understand your topic but can provide recommendations to assist solve some of the challenges they experience.
to writing a brilliant essay from our
expert academic writers.